[vtk-developers] Volume rendering update

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:21:38 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Aashish Chaudhary <
aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com> wrote:

> > With the volume size at 1024x1024x1024, however, there was a wrap-around
> > artifact.  I'm guessing that it was due either to memory limitations, or
> due
> > to integer overflow.  Maybe a hardware issue, maybe the driver, hard to
> say
> > when the data set itself is 2GB.  This is a Mac (10.9.5) with AMD FirePro
> > D700 6GB, what datatypes does the mapper use for the buffers?
>
> this is interesting hard to say what's happening here but I didn't
> encounter this issue before. Typically I would expect that you get GL
> error or a CRASH.
> Would be it possible to post your example code and data somewhere? Or
> else, I will see if I can create a example myself.

I have attached the example.  It uses the headsq "half" dataset and
upsamples
it to the desired resolution.  If you don't have the "half" dataset, you
can use the
headsq "quarter" dataset instead.

Currently the code resamples the volume to 1024x1024x768 (line 38).

Thanks,
 - David