[vtk-developers] vtkImageReslice mapping to a texture

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:04:22 EST 2016

Hello,

Just wanted to share the weird experience that I had with vtkImageReslice.
I actually used it in combination with a plane to create a vtkImageData that
is a slice of my dataset. I then wanted to create a texture based on that
vtkImageData. Which works just fine until I tried to render in which case,
since I am using OpenGLES I had issues with 3D texture rendering.
So I thought this problem should not occur as I was trying to render a 2D
texture only. Yet, checking the dimensions of my vtkImageReslice gave me
dimensions > 1 on all axes.

I finally got my piece of code to work thanks to the
SetOutputDimensionality(2) function.
I don't know if this behaviour is normal or not, but I thought I should
share my workaround, and at the very least let you guys know about the
behaviour so that you could take a look at it if you believe the behaviour
to be incorrect.

Lonni