[vtk-developers] "Correct" way to wrap vtk downstream project

Adam Rankin arankin at robarts.ca
Mon Feb 22 11:25:07 EST 2016

Hello all,

I have modified our lab's library to use the VTK module system (wow, very nice!) and am attempting to determine the "correct" way to wrap the modules in python.

I see that VTK uses /Wrapping/Python as its launch point, but I cannot call that from my project because of the python executable and vtk specific file entries (CMakeLists.txt:157-277 except 260-267).

Aside from duplicating this folder from VTK and tweaking it to my setup, is there a clean way to perform CMake commands to python wrap my modules?

I have included a sample module CMakeLists.txt and module.cmake file so you can hopefully understand what I've done.

Cheers,
Adam