[vtk-developers] Compilation error hdf5

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Feb 10 17:35:04 EST 2016

Hi,

ITK has addressed cross-compiling in its internal HDF5 by using
CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING_EMULATOR [1]:

  https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/1e99a5577559ba4db173bf6e9abc4bedc2c5ac06/Modules/ThirdParty/HDF5/src/itkhdf5/src/CMakeLists.txt#L575-L607

Since VTK does not use CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING_EMULATOR (yet), this
workaround will not work.

The proper fix is to get upstream HDF5 to use a CMake try_run for
currently tries to be achieved with H5detect and H5make_libsettings.

HTH,
Matt

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.4/variable/CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING_EMULATOR.html