[vtk-developers] Python wrapping of namespaces

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:16:33 EST 2016

Hi Adam,

So PLUS is being used at Robarts now!  That's nice, big parts of PLUS were
built on top of code that was originally developed at Robarts.  Long live
open source!

The quick answer is, no, you cannot wrap classes within a namespace.  The
VTK python wrappers only allow namespaces to be used for enum constants.

I started working on a solution to this back in 2013, it isn't an easy fix
because all the work on the wrappers so far has assumed that everything
exists in a single flat namespace.  Now of course I would love to complete
what I started, but like many of my free-time projects, I have no timeline
for when it might be done.

 - David