[vtk-developers] Compilation error hdf5

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Feb 10 13:02:45 EST 2016

It should still be possible to configure VTK with netcdf and without hdf5.
That of course limits the types of netcdf files you can open (netcdf3
really) though. If that isn't important to you I recommend trying it.

The advantage of doing so (or to use a system version if available) is to
eliminate the cross-compilation hassles that hdf5 sometimes brings with it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive