[vtk-developers] Valgrind reminder

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Dec 15 12:51:32 EST 2016

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 12:20:20 -0500, Bill Lorensen said:

>So, ASan missed the latest valgrind defects in vtkMapper?

I guess.  As I said, each finds/misses things the other doesn't.  ASan notably doesn't find uninitialized memory reads, while valgrind can.  OTOH, ASan can find invalid memory access in stack memory, while valgrind can't.

I am fully in favour of running both tools!  But due to its speed, valgrind is mostly limited to once-nightly, not at every commit.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com