[vtk-developers] MTime overflow resolved, possible API changes

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:55:04 EDT 2016

Folks,

This issue, https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/14310 has been
resolved with this topic:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1790

Some WIndows apps may notice an API change for app classes that define
MTime as an unsigned long. This topic introduces a new type defined in
Common/Core/vtkType.h: vtkMTimeType.

Please try your long running apps with the latest vtk master.

This was an extensive changed (over 400 files) and we may have missed something.

I expect this will be part of vtk7.1. If your apps have their own vtk
classes you will need to change the unsigned long mtime's to
vtkMTimeType.

If your app needs to support earlier VTK releases, this topic
#define's VTK_HAS_MTIME_TYPE so you can make conditional compiles.

Bill