[vtk-developers] Non-reproducable test failure

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Aug 16 19:07:54 EDT 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:14:47 -0400, Shawn Waldon said:

>One of the VTK tests (
>vtkRenderingVolumeCxx-TestRemoveVolumeNonCurrentContext ) has been failing
>on the build machine trey for a few weeks, but only on builds of master.

The name rang a bell, indeed it's failing on my address sanitizer bot:

<https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=4505021>

but alas it's not some memory error that ASan finds, it's an image compare failure.  Oddly, when I run the test by hand on that bot, it passes.  So WTF indeed.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com