[vtk-developers] Marking data modified

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 12:54:47 EDT 2016

I don't specifically know the answer to this one, but in general,
these sorts of things are on purpose for performance in VTK.

If you want to replace 100 (or even more) cells, you'd want
ReplaceCell NOT to call Modified, and just do it once at the end of
your bulk replacement. I'd be surprised if somebody chimed in and
contradicted this... so I would think just fixing the docs is the
right way to go here.

HTH,
David C.