[vtk-developers] MTime patch for Windows

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:11:20 EDT 2016

Folks,

Please review this patch:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1790

The goal is to fix the modified time overflow issue that affects long
running apps on Windows machines.

This topic introduces a new type: vtkTypeMTime. I think a new type is
justified, but thos can be easily changed to an existing vtk type.

The type is introduced in: vtkType.h

// Provide this define to facilitate apps that need to support older
// versions that do not have vtkTypeMtime
// #ifndef VTK_HAS_TYPE_MTIME
// #if VTK_SIZEOF_LONG == 8
// typedef unsigned long vtkTypeMTime;
// #else
// typedef vtkTypeUInt64 vtkTypeMTime;
// #endif
// #endif
#define VTK_HAS_TYPE_MTIME

// Select an unsigned 64-bit integer type for use in MTime values.
// If possible, use 'unsigned long' as we have historically.