[vtk-developers] HiDPI / Retina display support

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:40:34 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
> wrote:
>
> > - we'll need some dashboards with HiDPI enabled... anyone have hardware,
> like an iMac, with an actual Retina display that could be used?
>
> Not right now, can it be emulated though? The bigmac machine is on a
> standard monitor.

Depending on the machine/display combination, you might be able to select a
HiDPI display mode on a standard monitor.  Hold down "Alt" while selecting
the resolution in the Display control panel, if HiDPI modes are available
then they will be shown.  For example, this allows me to emulate a retina
display on my TV set at home (over HDMI/DVI) but not on my monitor at work
(DisplayPort).  So YMMV.

 - David