[vtk-developers] Crash with OpenGL2 Renderer only in vtkOpenGLBufferObject destructor.

Seun Odutola seun at rogue-research.com
Thu Aug 4 15:21:31 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

      I have a crash that occurs in my application when running vtk with the GL2 rendered enabled but not with GL1. So here is the situation, in my program when I change the shape of my poly data mapper, basically setting the mapper of an actor in my scene to a new poly data mapper it results in a crash.  The crash is  situated in vtkOpenGLBufferObject’s destructor, specifically the deletion of the Internal’s handle. I have tried to verify if the handle is valid prior to reaching the destructor which it seems to be, my main concern is if the handle is filled with garbage (a non-zero value) it might effectively pass the test condition and try to invoke glDeleteBuffer. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

Regards,
   Seun