[vtk-developers] gitlab 500 error

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Apr 26 10:01:19 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 22:58:25 -0400, Sean McBride wrote:
> That worked, thanks.  So I guess the gitlab-push script needs to be
> changed to percent-encode the URL it outputs...?

Yes, but just the branch name. Unfortunately, there are no tools which
are guaranteed to exist to use generically (neither Python nor Perl) :(
. But I suppose Python[1] could be checked for and used if it is
available since urlencode is in the standard library.

--Ben

[1]Perl will probably be there, but the required modules are less likely
I imagine.