[vtk-developers] vtkMINCImageAttributes regression in master vs 6.3, related to new vtkDataArray changes?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Apr 21 14:34:29 EDT 2016

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016 13:18:05 -0400, David Lonie said:

>I think the proper fix here is to always either check that the array is not
>empty before calling GetPointer or explicitly checking the return value.

OK, so I think two changes are in order:

 1) I improve my own code to defend against getting null back.

 2) I change vtkMINCImageAttributes::ConvertDataArrayToString to return "" instead of null when GetPointer gives back null, thus restoring old behaviour.  It seems the class' own internal usage doesn't expect null either, ex:

 os << this->ConvertDataArrayToString(array) << " ;\n";

(I confirmed that ostream's operator<< crashes if given null.)

Will make a patch...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com