[vtk-developers] Qt based sample point viewer application

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Apr 19 09:00:38 EDT 2016

I have created a small sample application that renders point clouds using a
Qt based interface. It is very rough and experimental but may be of use for
folks as a starting point etc. Part of the motivation for creating it was
to experiment with multithreaded applications and learn a bit about Qt.
This application make requires the vtkPointCloud and vtkLODPointCloudMapper
remote modules. I have used this app to render 200 million point clouds
interactively on my laptop using LOD. FileIO is done in a different thread
from the rendering. The remote module links are attached below you place
them in your VTK/Remote directory and ten turn them on in CMake ala
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Remote_Modules

Thanks
Ken

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.