[vtk-developers] New automatic gitlab "release" checks

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Sep 14 15:14:27 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:04:53 -0600, David Gobbi wrote:
> I saw something new in kwrobot's content check message:
>
>     Eligible for the 6.3.x release branch.
>
> Is this something that was just added?  I like.

Yep. Much easier than clicking ~4 times and editing a URL[1] to see if
branches are based on the right commits ;) . And going through the
process to make that footnote shows that you're extending topics already
merged, so this message is immensely helpful since that process would
have shown a false-negative for your branch (and looking at git log,
that's a *lot* more clicking to finally see the root with `release`.

--Ben

[1]My process:
  - click on the oldest commit on the branch;
  - click on the parent commit;
  - replace user's name with "vtk" in the URL;
  - expand list of names the commit is part of checking that `release`
    is there.