[vtk-developers] PROPOSAL: Changing VTK's indentation style

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Sep 9 09:08:53 EDT 2015

Hi folks,

What would you think of changing VTK's indentation style from:

if ()
  {
  // ..
  }

if ()
{
  // ...
}

?

Our current style (modified Whitesmiths I am told) is used only by very few
projects,
mostly related to VTK ones (ITK, CMake). It is poorly supported by some of
the newer editors
that are widely popular (Sublime, TextMate etc.) and IMO foreign to the new
generation
C++ developers.

The style I propose is modified Allman style - with indentation changed
from 4 to 2 spaces.
It is much more common.

If approved by the community, we would change VTK wholesale. This should
not be
an issue for history as git blame/annotate can be told to skip white spaces.

Best,
-berk