[vtk-developers] Spline effort and tests

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Fri Sep 4 10:55:10 EDT 2015

Hi Derek,

Lin should be able to point you at the test data. It should be on Midas, so he may just send the URL (hint hint).

> I also have a question regarding the implementation.  Would it be possible to use this work to generate a nonlinear cell type to represent an unstructured grid of Bezier patches?

Yes. The idea is that you would write an adaptor like the one Lin has written for NURBS to convert your non-linear data into Bézier patches. The patches can either be tessellated directly or operations performed on the patches.

I am working on a contouring algorithm that would take patches in and output more Bézier patches of just the ioscontours/isovolumes, but it will be some time before it is ready.

	David