[vtk-developers] Master vs Release v6 maintenance

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Oct 30 10:36:57 EDT 2015

OK, I'll cry Uncle. When you say

base your changes on the release-6.3 branch but still target the master

what does that translate to in git? I am thinking

checkout release-6.3
checkout -b fix_stuff_vague
do the change
get some coffee, checkout hello kitty, general chilling
git commit
git gitlab-push

but that all is 6.3, how do I target and merge against master? Is that up
in the gitlab side of things?

Thanks
Ken

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel at kitware.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:17:16 +0200, Xabi Riobe wrote:
> > I would like to know how things will be done for the support of the
> version
> > 6.
> > I understand that only bug fixes will be merged, but what is the
> workflow?
> > Should we always create bug fixes branches from the 6.x release, do we
> have
> > to ask someone to merge the ones from master we are interested in, or
> will
> > there be a big parsing of the master merges before creating the 6.x to
> > select all the ones related to fixes?
> >
> > I see a lot of fixes in the master, what should i do to see them in the
> 6.4?
>
> If you'd like to have fixes in the release branch, please base your
> changes on the release-6.3 branch, but still target the master branch.
> Kwrobot should comment that your branch is eligible for the 6.3 branch.
> Once it is in master, ping Dave DeMarle and me (@ben.boeckel and
> @demarle) and one of us will merge it into the release-6.3 branch.
>
> --Ben

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.