[vtk-developers] vtkDomainsChemistryCxx-TestMoleculeSelection ERRORs

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Oct 27 10:35:02 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am working on a patch that will report test failures if "ERROR"
> appears in the test output.
>
> The subject test will fail once I merge this patch (which is at least
> a week away). On some but not all platforms it reports:
>
> ERROR: In /home/kitware/Dashboards/My
> Tests/VTK/Domains/ChemistryOpenGL2/vtkOpenGLStickMapper.cxx, line 306
> vtkOpenGLStickMapper (0x1b83cd0): Error setting 'selectionId' in shader VAO.
>
> ERROR: In /home/kitware/Dashboards/My
> Tests/VTK/Domains/ChemistryOpenGL2/vtkOpenGLStickMapper.cxx, line 306
> vtkOpenGLStickMapper (0x1b83cd0): Error setting 'selectionId' in shader VAO.
>
> If you look at the outputs of the tests here you will see this ERROR
> on some but not all platforms:
> https://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=11&name=vtkDomainsChemistryCxx-TestMoleculeSelection&date=2015-10-26
>
> If this is a valid error on some platforms I can intercept it.

This is from the rendering code, in the VAO code, I feel like this is
probably a bug and should be fixed but I have not touched any of this
code in quite some time. Ken probably has a better idea, although in
general from an application development point of view I would prefer
the library was quieter if the problem can be worked around.

Marcus