[vtk-developers] vtkRenderingOpenGL2Cxx-TestDepthOfFieldPass ERRORs

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Mon Oct 26 16:29:56 EDT 2015

Hi Bill,

You might find this info useful: We do a similar check in (some) automated tests in Slicer, but instead of parsing the test output we check the number logged VTK error and warning messages. We also have some convenience macros for initialization and reporting and to manage expected errors and warnings. Checks can be added without modifying existing tests, just changing the test driver macros.

More details:
http://slicer.org/doc/html/classvtkTestingOutputWindow.html
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/Tutorials/CxxTests
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/Libs/vtkAddon/

It would be nice if the VTK core would have such a feature (similarly to how tests can be made to exit with failure when there are memory leaks).

Andras