[vtk-developers] [vtk-users] OpenGL2 - GPU Volume Rendering performance

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:13:03 EDT 2015

Hello Aashish,

Thanks for the quick answer
We are using a vtkImageData, 512x512x591 with short element (you can find
the dataset here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptqwi0ebv75kt35/volume.zip).
So I think it's all about GPU volume raycast mapper.
The new mapper does bring low resolution, but when compared to the old one,
it seems less "low resolution" during interaction than the old one
Shading is enabled, gradient opacity disabled

Don't know if you need a minimal example, but I believe the GPURenderDemo
used with this dataset is enough to highlight the slow down.

Thanks
Simon

: