[vtk-developers] Buildbot waiting for tests that never run?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Oct 14 15:36:37 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:10:35 -0600, David Gobbi wrote:
> Here are the links for buildbot and cdash.
>
> <snip>

So this looks like what I would expect. If the build fails, there's no
use wasting time running the tests, so that's expected.

I don't see any instances of buildbot "waiting" for test results though.
What part of buildbot is "waiting"? The status report on GitLab? If so,
there are probably experimental machines which haven't run yet; right
now, just one on nemesis:

    https://buildbot.kitware.com/grid?branch=wrap-exclude-python&category=vtk-experimental

There's currently no setup for "when all builds for a changeset, but not
X (or only Y)" complete, but only when all builds that are scheduled for
a changeset are completed. It'd be nice if it were on a per-category
basis, but that's not implemented (it'd be an upstream buildbot change
anyways).

--Ben