[vtk-developers] heads up - vtk 7.0 branch is coming soon

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Nov 12 11:47:27 EST 2015

Hey everybody.

We are getting ready to start the vtk 7 release cycle. The biggest new
features in my mind are the switch over to the new OpenGL2 backend and the
introduction of Python3 support.

So, we are going to clean up the dashboards now and branch in about three
weeks. If you are a developer who is striving to complete features that you
need in the next release, please let us know on the vtkdev's list. If you
are a user and some specific bug is bringing you down, please also let us
know on the vtkusers's list. In either case if the feature is important and
reachable we can hold of a week or two before branching.

See you on the other side,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer