[vtk-developers] Python-related dashboard build errors with new clang

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Nov 12 11:16:22 EST 2015

Hi all,

A few days ago I updated clang on some of my buildbots and now get this:

<https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=4098065>

This seems to be because a Python header is doing an evil redefinition:

/usr/include/python2.7/pyport.h:731:9: note: macro 'toupper' defined here
#define toupper(c) towupper(btowc(c))
        ^

My guess is toupper was a #define with older clang, and is now a function with newer clang.

Googling finds this has been discussed years ago:
<http://bugs.python.org/issue10910>

I'm hoping one of you have seen this before or have some idea of how to fix it...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com