[vtk-developers] Mouse wheel action only if mouse is in window

Xabi Riobe xabivtk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:03:35 EST 2015

Hi,

For my own vtk version, I have a vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor patch to
send the mouse wheel events only if the mouse is in the window (concretely,
a check of this->MouseInWindow in OnMouseWheelForward
and OnMouseWheelBackward...).

It is mainly to avoid a window to be inadvertently "modified" when we think
it is the one currently under the mouse cursor that will be.

After a quick search, i found this for Windows guidelines:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn742466.aspx

where it is stated :
" *Make the mouse wheel affect the control, pane, or window that the
pointer is currently over.* Doing so avoids unintended results. "

which is the behaviour of most of the windows applications.

I was wondering if you would be interested in having this patch. Let me
know what you think.

Xabi