[vtk-developers] Antialiasing broken in Qt5

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue May 26 12:35:56 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Kilgus, Thomas <
t.kilgus at dkfz-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Hi Marcus and David,
>
> I would love to make this run with Qt5 for a demo application. Is there
> any (straightforward) job I can take care of to help tracking down the
> issue?

The issue is that the QVTKWidget has some platform specific code to
initialize the render window. Trouble is, it goes through a convenience API
provided by Qt (Q_WS_X11, QX11Info, etc) to detect and handle the X11
backend, and these interfaces/preprocessor defs are not available in Qt5.

At a minimum, the Qt/X11 code would need to be rewritten to use pure X11
APIs to get this working. I don't think anyone has started on this if you
wanted to make a pass at it.

Best,
Dave