[vtk-developers] vtkPicker picking "visible" parts of assemblies marked as invisible

Steve Pieper pieper at isomics.com
Thu May 21 12:47:17 EDT 2015

Hi Rostislav -

Yes, this is a nasty issue introduced by the vtkPickeringManager.  I ran
into this last year [1] and put a workaround in our version of VTK [2] but
it doesn't solve the whole problem.  I didn't propose this back to
VTK-proper because widget needs to be fixed in order for this to work.
Maybe there's a better way?

The bug report includes simple instructions on how to reproduce the issue.

-Steve

[1] http://na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=3808

[2]
https://github.com/Slicer/VTK/commit/539b56d2334cf292d3fbfc18cef9543a56fb9362