[vtk-developers] CMake 3.2.2 + VTK 6.2 + VS 2013 - missing USE_VTK_Rendering

Szymek_10 sz.zwolan at gmail.com
Fri May 8 02:22:00 EDT 2015

Dears,

I would like to start using VTK library but unfortunately I have big problem
at begining.

I want to compaile this example with DICOM viewer:

http://web.mit.edu/16.225/dv/VTK/Examples/ImageProcessing/Cxx/

But there is an error during compiling CMakeLists error with missing
VTKRendering and VTKTestingRendering modules (photo attached
http://postimg.org/image/p2u9lotid/)

*CMakeLists.txt :*

/PROJECT(ImageProcessing)

IF(NOT VTK_BINARY_DIR)
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)
*IF(NOT VTK_USE_RENDERING)
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Example ${PROJECT_NAME} requires
VTK_USE_RENDERING.")*
ENDIF(NOT VTK_USE_RENDERING)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(NOT VTK_BINARY_DIR)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(ImageSlicing ImageSlicing.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ImageSlicing vtkRendering vtkImaging vtkIO)

######## Regression Testing ########
SET(KIT ImageProcessingExamples)
SET(MyTests TestImageSlicing.cxx)

INCLUDE(vtkTestingObjectFactory)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(${KIT}CxxTests ${KIT}CxxTests.cxx
               ${MyTests})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${KIT}CxxTests vtkRendering vtkIO)

ADD_TEST(${KIT}-ImageSlicing ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH}/${KIT}CxxTests
  TestImageSlicing ${VTK_DATA_ROOT}/Data/headsq/quarter)/

What i found out is that in VTK version greater than 6.0.0 there is no
*USE_VTK_RENDERING* entry in CMake which i should select during compiling
process. It was replaced with more 'rendering' modules (CMake photo attached
http://postimg.org/image/4rn6tpxq3/) but which I should use? Which module is
equivalent to USE_VTK_RENDERING option?

I am using Visual Studio 2013 with CMake 3.2.2 version and newest VTK 6.2. I
tried to install VS2010 and compaile it in CMake 2.8 with VTK 5.10.1 version
but there is too many incompatibilitie errors.

After few days of trying to make it right it seems to be ungrateful library
which I used to use. I hope that it is a quite easy mistake from me becasue
I am really stuck..

I will be grateful for any help!

Thank you in advance!

Sz