[vtk-developers] Solutions to TestSetGet/TestEmptyInput failures on RogueResearch3

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:27:41 EDT 2015

Sean:
>From what I see, none of these OS's/Compilers are supported any more by
their makers. Personally I would be happy to see them go too. It does
constrain innovation supporting such old systems/compilers.

David:
Thanks for the input, I'll go with option 4). It is the least intrusive.

Regards
    Andrew

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 1:36 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2015 17:34:53 +1000, Andrew Maclean said:
>
> >3) Do nothing, and hope Python 2.5 is eventually deprecated.
>
> Is Rogue3 the only dashboard with Python 2.5?  If so, maybe it's time to
> increase our minimum requirement?
>
> Personally, I think VTK's minimum requirements are too generous.  I would
> ditch OS X 10.5, PowerPC, gcc <= 4.2, Windows XP, Visual Studio 2005,
> Python 2.5, etc., etc., etc.
>
> Cheers,

Andrew J. P. Maclean