[vtk-developers] Anti-aliasing / multi sampling turned off in VTK 6.2?

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Wed May 6 10:44:50 EDT 2015

Ok thank you. Please let us know if we can do anything particular to help tracking it down.

Von: David Lonie [mailto:david.lonie at kitware.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015 16:37
An: Kilgus, Thomas
Cc: Andras Lasso; vtk-developers at vtk.org
Betreff: Re: [vtk-developers] Anti-aliasing / multi sampling turned off in VTK 6.2?

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:22 AM, Kilgus, Thomas <t.kilgus at dkfz-heidelberg.de<mailto:t.kilgus at dkfz-heidelberg.de>> wrote:
That’s all very true, however, my most important question is: Is anyone working on that issue already or not?

Yes.

Regarding the rest, letting us know that a feature is important to you is good. Asking for more information to help track-down/fix it on your own is good. "Pressuring" us for a fix is not.

We have to find funding to pay for work on VTK, and sometimes a request is low-priority or too esoteric for existing funding sources to cover. So there are cases where pressuring developers will not work out well.

In this case, the issue is not low-priority and is a regression of a major feature, so we can cover fixing it without much trouble.

FWIW, I'm sure Thomas wasn't really implying that he was going to pester/pressure/harass us until this gets fixed. I was only trying to (lightheartedly) point out that "pressuring" open-source developers for a fix is not likely to produce the desired results.

Best,
Dave