[vtk-developers] Anti-aliasing / multi sampling turned off in VTK 6.2?

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Wed May 6 10:25:03 EDT 2015

Sorry, I forgot to add the mantis link:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=15433

Von: vtk-developers [mailto:vtk-developers-bounces at vtk.org] Im Auftrag von Kilgus, Thomas
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2015 16:23
An: Andras Lasso; David Lonie
Cc: vtk-developers at vtk.org
Betreff: Re: [vtk-developers] Anti-aliasing / multi sampling turned off in VTK 6.2?

That’s all very true, however, my most important question is: Is anyone working on that issue already or not?

Regarding your suggestions:

·         I don’t think that creating a test for anti-aliasing is feasible. As far as I am concerned, it is disabled in rendering tests on purpose due to the differences of hardware. If there is any reliable way to test it automatically, we already provided a script reproducing the error. The renderwindow can be used against a reference for a rendering test.

·         As far as I know, it’s broken everywhere. As mentioned in previous mails we tested this on Mac, Linux (Ubuntu and Archlinux) and Windows 7.

·         We also found a fix with some “hack” which probably destroys other features. See Mantis for more information.

Bottom line, I think we need feedback from VTK developers to continue.

Regards,
Thomas