[vtk-developers] Vtk Contouring Area

Luis Vieira luis.vieira at vektore.com
Tue Mar 17 12:56:10 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

Actually, I have the following challenge as well as I am a beginner with
Vtk. I need to develop a routine to do contouring of geology points on a
stereo surface and I have been struggling to use the best component of
VTK framework. I have been trying to create a map/area from the
structure (clip of sphere and plane) and plot geology points and
rendering. Then I have to recreate the map/area specifically by the set
of geology points as you guys can see the options bellow:

1- vtkContourFilter , vtkStripper and vtkLookupTable (I got isolables
and isosurface of the whole points of the structure not of the
specifically set of geology points); or
2- vtkMarchingCubes with vtkCylinder ; or
3- vtkContourWidget with vtkOrientedGlyphContourRepresentation;

I really appreciate if you guys could help me.

My goals:

Those are my unsuccessful results:

Thank you very much.