[vtk-developers] Workflow suggestion #1

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 18:47:15 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 15:16:56 -0700, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I suggest that the title and description for a topic be the commit
> message and the commit description respectively.
>
> Otherwise, the commit message is at least another click away.

Reviewing commit messages is one thing that could definitely be nicer
with GitLab (and you can't comment on them either). Getting GitLab to do
it for us would mean patching GitLab, but I might be able to take a
quick look at it for single-commit branches at least (this is what
GitHub does). Multi-commit branches will be trickier.

One problem I see right off the bat though would be that the description
doesn't get edited if the commit message is revised. I doubt that would
be trivial to get right though :/ .

--Ben