[vtk-developers] Merging a topic

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 18:42:28 EDT 2015

There has been further discussion on the MR[1] in question here, but for
the list:

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 14:43:54 -0700, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Do I need special permissions top merge a topic? I just tried Do:
> merge and do not see any results.

Sorry for this, the GitLab docs[2] missed that 'reopened' is a valid
state for merge requests, so it is ignored because it isn't 'opened'.
The robot will be restarted in the morning when Brad gets in; a comment
should get kwrobot to look at the MR and merge it.

This should also land tomorrow with support for 'do: <command>' which
will warn but act as if 'Do: <command>' had been used.

As for why buildbot ignored that MR's last update...not sure off hand.
Might be something that was wrong when buildbot looked at it and has
since been fixed? The logs have no mention of the relevant commit, so it
seems that it was missed somehow :/ .

--Ben

[1]https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/6
[2]http://doc.gitlab.com/ce/api/merge_requests.html