[vtk-developers] Wiki scrapping regression after web page update

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:30:09 EDT 2015

Folks,

I scrape the vtk.org wiki site each evening to maintain the  vtk wiki
examples. I have a python program that uses mwclient
(https://github.com/mwclient/mwclient) that uses the MediaWiki API.

Ever since the vtk.org page was updated, my nightly scripts have been failing.
The error are occur on this line:

site = mwclient.Site('vtk.org', '/Wiki/')

If I change vtk.org to itk.org, my scripts work.

I suspect some sort of web magic going on. I can workaround the
problem but specifying itk.org, but I'd like to understand what
happened just in case the itk.org site changes in the future.

Thanks,

Bill