[vtk-developers] gitlab-push woes

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 20 15:57:06 EDT 2015

Not really. Whenever you amend a topic, or rebase a topic, or rewrite
the history of a topic in any way, by default, git doesn't let you
push that topic to a remote to avoid accidentally overwriting some
other changes that have been published previously. Gerrit simply
ignored that and let you overwrite things on the remote. We opted to
leave the default Git behavior and let the user explicitly state
his/her intention by using "-f" when rewriting history on a remote.