[vtk-developers] cdash at home, er buildbots and cdash?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Mar 18 18:22:09 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 17:16:11 -0400, David E DeMarle wrote:
> Buildbot builds show up in experimental track right now correct?

Actually, forgot to tell you; if you add "master" and "buildbot" tracks
to CDash, they should show up there (I don't have CDash super powers for
VTK).

> The files changed column for these submission are empty. Perhaps because of
> that I don't have the these are your changes indicators either. (I assume
> they are my changes, but I don't know for sure since I haven't read enough
> to see where I get to that via gitlab).

There is a TODO to have buildbot comment back on the MR once the build
is done (and another TODO for kwrobot to gate[1] "Do: merge" based on
buildbot's results if they exist). It will likely add the following
information (and probably some more prose-like description of failures):

On success:

    Tested-by: @buildbot
    Acked-by: @buildbot
    Branch-at: ...

On failure:

    Rejected-by: @buildbot
    Branch-at: ...

--Ben

[1]"Masters" might be given a "Do: merge force" option to ignore
buildbot; what VTK, ParaView, etc. want should be discussed.