[vtk-developers] How to update someone else's topic (or create a new topic off of theirs)

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Mar 18 11:29:42 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 11:02:00 -0400, Berk Geveci wrote:
> We should consider making changes to the Gitlab code to make our lives
> easier. Before doing anything that would be hard to move forward on our
> own, we would have an open conversation with the Gitlab folks about getting
> contributions upstream. I'd rather we started our relationship with Gitlab
> fresh and not have it be tainted by our Gerrit experience.

FWIW, there are a (few) changes to our GitLab install already (changes
are here[1]) which have been required for the kwrobot to actually get
notified of everything it needs to be able to do its tasks effectively.

GitLab's merge window is the 1st to the 7th of every month; I need to
make a MR for each of these features individually and then we can get
feedback from upstream about it early next month.

Once these "need to have" things go in, we can look at more cosmetic
changes such as adding a "fetch" command.

For now, the robot can make a command line which doesn't require any
gitlab changes. (Working on that now.)

--Ben

[1]https://github.com/mathstuf/gitlabhq/tree/additional-hook-triggers