[vtk-developers] Cherry picking

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 17:05:39 EDT 2015

Yes, the point is to not have to rebuild everything. I have slow
computers. I guess I have an unusual workflow.
1) I keep my local copy up-to-date with master.
2) I almost always cherry pick and rebase on master.
3) Testing is better since I always test against master. This points
out errors and conflicts against master.
And,
If I see need for many changes, I used to summit a new patch to the
originator's patch.

For me, the new workflow is less productive.

I will give it a try. But I suspect my contributions will drop off.

Bill