[vtk-developers] How to update someone else's topic (or create a new topic off of theirs)

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 17 14:46:14 EDT 2015

For solution number 2 below, is it really necessary to close the original
merge request? Git is pretty good about managing the history DAG. If the
original gets merged first and then the new, the second merge should
include only those commits since the fork. If the the second gets merged
before the original, I would expect git to do a no-op if you tried to
merge the original.

-Ken