[vtk-developers] Shared Memory Parallelism in VTK

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Mar 16 11:41:37 EDT 2015

Dear Saurabh,

At this point, the only thing that is important is to put together a good
proposal for the VTK team to review. I recommend taking a look at the VTK
code as well as the Wiki (including examples) to have a decent
understanding of the algorithm and data APIs as well as various documents
on the SMP work:

* http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_SMP
* https://hal.inria.fr/hal-00789814/document
*
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.396.4673&rep=rep1&type=pdf

These should help with your proposal. It is not expected that you submit a
patch before being accepted into GSoC. In fact, it is unlikely that a patch
will be accepted unless someone spends a decent amount of time gaining
experience with VTK.

Best,
-berk