[vtk-developers] GSOC Project Questions

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Mar 12 23:13:43 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 17:25:01 -0400, David E DeMarle wrote:
> I put that one up just because I thought a lua wrapper would be COOL. I
> have a hunch it will turn out to be really useful too at some point, but I
> don't really know what for just yet.

Well, from the ParaView side, bundling up Lua is *way* easier than
bundling up Python for super computers to use. It also looks like luajit
has[1] with a way to do an equivalent of Python's "frozen" logic. No
idea about "standard" Lua.

Which raises a good question: Lua 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, or LuaJIT? I'd say
at least 5.3 (due to the improved numeric type support) while keeping
LuaJIT as a possibility.

--Ben

[1]https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19606543/embedding-luajit-module-into-c-application