[vtk-developers] Adding support for a macro in wrapper

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:46:00 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:25 PM, David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com>
wrote:

> I've actually already stripped it out in favor of the much simpler "using"
> method. Good to know that simple macros should work -- it's entirely
> possible there was some little bug hidden in my macro that was throwing off
> the wrappers ;)
>
> Perhaps it was the pattern:
>
> VTK_LEGACY(virtual double* GetBounds()) \
> { \
>   ... \
> }

It's possible... VTK_LEGACY undergoes special handling by the wrappers, it
isn't simply expanded.  I'd still like to see the full macro plus its usage
so that I can find out why the wrappers had trouble with it.

> Anyway, it looks like this is all working now :) Thanks for the replies!

The old GetBounds() method might be hidden in the wrapped classes due to
"using" being ignored.

 - David