[vtk-developers] VTK module system uplift to CMake 3.0 features

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Mar 4 11:41:37 EST 2015

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:05:59 -0500, Marcus D. Hanwell said:

>Personally, I would love to see us move to C++11 sooner rather than
>later,

I have been playing with clang-modernize to migrate to nullptr:
<http://clang.llvm.org/extra/UseNullptrTransform.html>

>remove more workarounds for ancient compilers/OpenGL versions.
>I know compilers and OpenGL versions are far less self-contained than
>CMake is, especially when considering supercomputers, NDKs, etc.

I have in the past pruned #if crud for ancient compilers... I could do more.  Do we have an agreed upon list of minimum compiler versions supported?  FYI: My oldest dashboard uses gcc 4.2 (Apple fork).  Only list I know is here:

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration/OS_Compiler_Support>

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com