[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] VTK Roadmap

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:23:10 EDT 2015

David, Berk,
    That's good news about Python3.

Let me know what I can do to help with Python 3 when the time comes. I
think there will need to be some minor changes to the tests to make them
work Ok in python 3.x/2.7.

    David, aside from the wrapping are you also looking at the
FindPythonLibs.cmake and FindPythonModules.cmake? For instance if Anaconda
Python is installed in a user's directory in Windows then VTK requires the
user to manually set PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR and PYTHON_LIBRARY. This does not
seem to be the case with the CMake versions.

   All the Tcl tests that are currently running (except for Tcl specific
ones)  have now been converted to Python. So we are in a good position
there.

Regards
   Andrew.