[vtk-developers] For those using OpenGL2 in the VTK build.

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Jun 23 08:37:39 EDT 2015

Morning Andrew,

Yes, for laptops with multiple graphics options you probably want to go
with the dedicated graphics chip. Having said that, recent Intel chips
should work with VTK. This page provides more detail if you expand the 4th/3
rd generation sections, etc.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033757.htm

Intel 2500, 4000, 4200, 4400, 4600, 5000, 5100, 5200 and later should all
support OpenGL 3.2.  Intel 3000/2000/HD Graphics support 2.1 but not 3.2,
but I’m not sure if they provide the required extensions.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Martin PhD

Chairman & CFO

Kitware Inc.

28 Corporate Drive

Clifton Park NY 12065

ken.martin at kitware.com

518 881-4901 (w)

518 371-4573 (f)

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.