[vtk-developers] Bug in vtk 6.0 - vtkGenericEnSightReader

madz madaramh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:56:57 EDT 2015

Thank you again for the reply.
I need the polydata because I plan to cut the surface and take all the
points of the resulting plane. I need the inside points as well for this
function.

I used the following method to get the polydata, as you suggested;

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkMultiBlockDataSet> multiBlock =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkMultiBlockDataSet>::New();
	multiBlock = reader->GetOutput();

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> polydata;
	vtkSmartPointer<vtkAppendPolyData> appendFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkAppendPolyData>::New();

	for(int i = 0; i < multiBlock->GetNumberOfBlocks(); i++){
		vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeometryFilter> geom =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkGeometryFilter>::New();
		geom->SetInput(multiBlock->GetBlock(i));
		geom->Update();
		appendFilter->AddInputConnection(geom->GetOutputPort());
	}

	appendFilter->Update();
	polydata = appendFilter->GetOutput();

It seems to work :)