[vtk-developers] Building VTK with QT5.4 Windows 8

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 06:13:40 EDT 2015

I'm afraid I'm stuck with Qt again. I have tried more or less everything and
I've read a lot of stuff on here but it still doesn't work.

I've followed the steps and created a qt project. I now have a QVTKWidget
qtwidget that I just try to resize.
Unfortunately, when running my code I get:
Drawing.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget(class
QWidget *,class QFlags<enum Qt::WindowType>)"
(__imp_??0QVTKWidget@@QAE at PAVQWidget@@V?$QFlags at W4WindowType@Qt@@@@@Z)
référencé dans la fonction "public: __thiscall Drawing::Drawing(void)"
(??0Drawing@@QAE at XZ)
1>Drawing.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
QVTKWidget::~QVTKWidget(void)" (__imp_??1QVTKWidget@@UAE at XZ) référencé dans
la fonction "public: __thiscall Drawing::~Drawing(void)"
(??1Drawing@@QAE at XZ)

Now I've seen that this could be resolved by building Qt support for vtk in
release conf and not debug, so that what I did but I still get the error.

Then, I saw here http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/QtSetup that I have
to move a .lib and a .dll. Problem is that in my built configuration of vtk
I only have the .dll. The .lib is just found in the cmake generated files
before generating with visual studio.

Would you have an idea of what happened?

Thanks in advance :)